Friday, October 15, 2010

Outrageous Prayers

How is your prayer life? Are you praying something outrageous and expecting God to answer with a resounding "YES!"? I am not talking about praying for the winning lotto numbers or a new sports car in the driveway. Our God is without limits in his power. He is able to do ALL His holy will. Isn't that an exciting thought? I find that when I dwell on this for a little while, I am dissatisfied with how I have been praying. I have been putting God in the little box that is my mind. My requests are limited to what I think is "doable". No more. I am going to be praying outrageously. I am going to start asking God to do things that are bigger.

I have set my heart on real, lasting, and positive change for America. That is where I am starting with my outrageous prayer list. I invite you to join me. Let's ask God to intervene in the course of our country. Beg Him to turn the hearts of the people to Himself. I have been weeping over the sin blatantly displayed across the USA, including my own, and asking God's forgiveness and mercy upon us all. My prayer is to see an obvious turning toward God in this country by the beginning of 2015. Is that possible? Of course. "All things are possible with God." Is it probable? Not with things going the way they have been, but we can be a part of changing that. Won't you join with me in outrageous prayers? God is pleased to give us the desires of our hearts when we are praying His will.

Let's not limit God with what we think is a possibility. Ask Him for your heart's desires. Do you have a barren friend who aches for a child? Is there someone you know in need of healing from a terminal disease? Are you jobless in this economy with no prospects in the foreseeable future? Take your burdens to Him and ask. The answer may not be yes, but we can always trust Him to give the best answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment