Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Blessing of Peace

I just spent a couple of days at the Disney resort with my mom, aunt and youngest son. We didn't go into any of the parks, didn't buy any souvenirs, and didn't even see Mickey (gasp!), but it was a great time. After dinner on Sunday my aunt and I were standing on the boardwalk enjoying the cool breeze and gazing across the lake as the lights came on. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I had almost forgotten that feeling. It is funny to me that in the midst of the hustle and bustle that is Disney World, I was reminded that I was created for peace, a peace that reaches the very depths of my soul and nourishes me.

With 4 kids at home who are all involved in sports, homeschooling, and church, I all too often just move down my daily to-do list, running as fast as I can so that I fall only a little behind each day. I forget my purpose. I forget my God. I forget His peace. Disney World is not where most people are reminded of that. It sure isn't where I expected to hear that message, but then again, God does move in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. Sometimes getting a busy mom to slow down and remember Him is quite a wonder. Thank you God for reminding me. I hope it is a lesson that I take to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment