Saturday, March 19, 2011

Blessings in the Burglary

We are at the point in our lives where Stan doesn't usually have to work on Saturdays. In fact, it has been so long since he has worked a Saturday that I make plans as if he will be home. So, when he told me that he had to work in the morning this week, I confess that I pouted a little. Not a lot, my plans could easily be adjusted, but enough to remind me that I am a selfish sinner. The thing about God is that He uses everything for our good, even when we don't want it, complain about it, or don't even realize it.

Our dog woke us up about 3:00 this morning barking like crazy. The police were at the front door wanting to know if the GPS they had belonged to us. It seems they met up with a couple of teens walking around the neighborhood with a back pack containing our GPS among other things. We claimed our other items, filled out a report and pressed charges for burglary. It seems these boys had been breaking into cars in the neighborhood. Nothing they took from Stan's work van was very valuable and that is where his Saturday morning job becomes a big praise. Stan carries several hundred dollars worth of tools in his van. None of them were missing. Why? The whole cargo area of his van was packed with wooden shutters for him to install in the morning. There was no way for these boys to get to the valuable things.

God is so good to us. Not only did He protect the expensive equipment that Stan needs to do his work, He returned our little items to us before we even realized that they were missing. Sometimes the blessings He heaps on us just make me sit in awe of His amazing power and grace. I wish I could say that I have learned my lesson and won't complain about my minor inconveniences in the future, but I know me better than that. I also know that He will continue to use everything for my good, whether I realize it at the time or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment