Friday, July 29, 2011

Walking His Way

As a mom of look alike twins you learn early on how to tell them apart. It often makes people ask, "They look so much alike. How can you tell?" You stop and think about it for a bit, shrug your shoulders and say, "They are just different." The one instance that sticks out most in my mind was the day that I amazed my friend by telling which was which from behind. When she questioned me I just said that they walk differently.

I wonder. Can people tell me apart from the world because I walk differently? Does my confident stride display the trust that I have in a sovereign God who cares for me? Does my slow stroll reflect the appreciation for all that He has created? Do the times that I stop show others that I am willing to minister to them instead of always focusing on my own goals? Do I run to His open arms when I am hurt or troubled? Do I skip for joy at the wonder of His amazing love? I hope so. I hope that others see that my walk is out of step with this world. I want to walk differently. I want to walk God's way.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I want to walk differently than the world, too.

    ReplyDelete