Saturday, March 24, 2012

Do You Know This Person

I recently saw a 20 year reunion picture from my elementary school. ( Yes, I am older than that. It was an old reunion picture). It was interesting to me to see how easy it was to pick out some of the people and how difficult it was to remember others. The easiest ones were the people that I spent 12 years in school with. The ones that I saw day in and day out nine months of each year. The ones I played with on the playground and saw at the pool during the summer. Obviously those that I was most familiar with were the easiest to recognize even after 20 years.

Do you know that it is like that with God? The more time we spend with Him, the better we know Him, the easier He is to recognize. The longer you know the Lord, the easier it is to see Him in everything around you. He has revealed Himself in all of nature so that no one has excuse. Do you know Him well enough to see Him all around you everywhere and every day? I hope so. If not, it isn't too late. Start spending time with Him everyday getting to know Him better and enjoying who He is. You don't want to miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment