Thursday, January 27, 2011

Voices of the Faithful

As the old year ended, so did the devotional I had been using. I was very excited to start using Voices of the Faithful. I have never done a Beth Moore Bible study, but so many of my friends have and have loved them, so I was sure this would be an awesome book to use.

I really love the layout. There is a Bible verse and missionary devotion story each day of the year. The stories are from those out on the field and can be thought provoking, uplifting, and encouraging. Each month focuses on a different topic. Witnessing, spiritual warfare, God's grace and compassion are just a few of the topics covered. The daily devotionals are just so-so in my opinion. They are quick and easy and probably fit well for overly busy young moms who only have a couple of minutes before the tots begin to get into trouble. They can read through the days page and meditate on the devotion during the day. I find that I want my daily devotions to take me deeper into the Word than these do.

I think the best part of the book is Beth Moore's introduction of each topic. She takes a couple of pages at the beginning of each month and does a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment