Thursday, April 21, 2011

Liar, Lunatic or Lord?

For the past two years I have asked my facebook friends who are not believers to please share with me how it is they handle the resurrection of Christ. I am sincerely interested. I think that I would find that a huge stumbling block if I were not a Christian, so I wonder how it is they overcome it. I think I have my answer. In two years not one of these people has responded. My conclusion is that they have no response to the resurrection of Christ. There is not logical way to rebut the evidence that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and if he did in fact rise from the dead, then they have no logical reason to not believe every other claim made in the Bible. My guess is that they just don't think about the resurrection. If you don't acknowledge it, it never happened seems to be the thought process. Maybe they take their cues from Bill Clinton and are busily arguing over the meaning of "is". I don't know why not one could bother to answer a serious but simple inquiry. My hope is that they are now thinking about this miracle and doing a bit of research. I know where the search will lead, so I look forward to hearing their questions and arguments in the future. God has the answers ready for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment