Wednesday, April 13, 2011

No He Can't

I received the book No He Can't How Barack Obama is Dismantling Hope and Change for free as a part of the booksneeze blogger review program. All views written here are my own. I will start out by saying that I have never been a big fan of President Obama. While he campaigned on "Hope and Change" I wondered where he planned to get the funds for all of his change. I had no problem with Americans wanting something different than what they currently had in the political realm, but it was my opinion that we weren't questioning the change quite enough. Kevin McCullough points out with clarity the reasons behind many of my own (and others) misgivings concerning our current President and his goals for America. While some will find the book biased, I can find no lies in the things Mr. McCullough says. He has a great way of cutting through the muck and double speak of politics to make things clear to the average person. For this alone, I am grateful. I wish there were more honest writers out there seeking to do the same. Though McCullough is no fan of President Obama, he does not hesitate to point out where positive strides have been made during this administration. I would hope that many would bother to read this book before voting in our next presidential election. If more had done their homework the last time, the change we received might have been more like that which we had hoped for. It is our responsibility as voters to vet those wishing to represent us in Washington. Mr. McCullough's clear insights might just help us to do a better job of it.

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also reviewed No He Can't through BookSneeze and liked the book. Like you said, McCullough really cuts through things. Not being an Obama fan myself, I must say that I learned a lot of things while reading this book that disturbed me even more. Good review! Blessings,
    Eden

    ReplyDelete