Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Muffins and a Taste of Heaven

Today has been one of the best days that I have had in quite a while. I am full of joy. Nothing in my daily life has changed. Finances haven't improved. My children still annoy one another. The house still needs to be cleaned and laundry needs to be done. What has made to day such a great day? Hebrews 10:25 "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching." This morning started off with coffee and muffins, but more importantly, fellowship with dear sisters in Christ.

In this day of two income families, school, sports, and other activities it can be so hard to find time to sit. And talk. And share. And love one another. That is what took place this morning. I got the chance to enjoy a blessed time with such sweet ladies. We range in age over 30 years. We are all at different stages of life (high school grad to grandparent), live in different areas, attend different churches, and have different interests and hobbies, but we all love the Lord with a passion that outweighs any difference. Some of us hadn't seen one another in 10 years, some had never met, some saw each other last night. It was an incredible time together.

For those of you who have given up meeting together to share your lives, I highly recommend that you start now. The blessings of those times together will fill your day, and probably your week. I told my husband last night how much I was longing for heaven lately. Today gave me a little foretaste. It was just an appetizer, but it reminds me how really awesome the banquet will be. There is no doubt that God was glorified in my home this morning, not because I am a wonderful hostess, the food was gourmet, or the floors were spotless, but because His people gathered together to love one another and share their lives. Thanks ladies. I hope we get a chance to get together again soon, but I know that even if it is 10 years, we will once more meet as family. I am well and truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about fellowshipping with other Christian women... It's easier during the school year for me to do this because of Bible Study Fellowship. However, I have committed to meeting with another BSFer weekly throughout the summer to share what God has been teaching each of us through scripture. What a blessing from the LORD!

    ReplyDelete