Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lessons From a War Horse

Last night our family sat down and watched a movie together. This is no small feat. It is hard enough to find an acceptable movie. It must meet parental standards and it has to appeal to both male and female teens. That leaves slim pickings these days. Then, we must find an evening when
no one is working or has practice or games for softball, baseball, soccer, or track. Last night was a minor miracle. Not only did we all watch a movie together. We enjoyed the movie. And I learned some things.

1. Even though I may be a thoroughbred, I need to be willing to move out of my comfort zone when God is trying to teach me something. He alone knows what is coming in my life and what skills I am going to need to meet future challenges.
2. Working hard builds endurance and strength. It is the best, if not only way to build
these characteristics.
3. Faithfulness has its rewards. Good friends are one of them. You never know when you are
going to need a good friend who will step in when you can’t pull the load.
4. I need to learn to listen to my master’s voice. When He calls, I need to come running. It has and will continue to save my life.

I am not sure that the makers of “War Horse” intended it to be a movie about the Christian walk, but that is the neat thing about God. He can use anything (even a donkey) to get His message across. See the movie and listen to what God might be telling you.

No comments:

Post a Comment