Sunday, April 25, 2010

Answered Prayer

I've been thinking about a song I heard on the Christian radio station last night. It talked about having many unanswered prayers. It really bothers me a lot when Christians talk like this. Do you not know that God ALWAYS answers the prayers of his children? He does not ignore you. Why is it that "no" or "not right now" are perfectly acceptable answers when we talk to our children, but when God answers that way, we decide that He really hasn't answered at all.

Why does he answer that way? It seems that it would be for the same reasons we tell our own children "no". Maybe what you think you want right now is not always the best thing for you. Our God knows everything. Trust Him to do the best for you always. "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Maybe you are treating God like a cosmic vending machine.

It is possible that His answer is just "not right now". Possibly God is teaching you something as you wait. Who among us has all of the patience and persistance that we need. I know that I have a very long way to go.

Just maybe God is answering "yes" to your prayer, but the answer is coming gradually. I pray often for wisdom. Am I wise? No way, Jose. Am I wiser than I once was? You betcha. Will I be still wiser in the future? I know that I will because God tells us "If any of you lacks wisdom, let Him pray and it will be granted to you".

As a Christian we know that God will always answer our prayers. We must remember the purpose of prayer and that "no" is an acceptable answer, even if we don't like it. He loves us. He has a plan for us and it is GOOD. Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment