Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lessen Your Chance of Dying?

A couple of nights ago I caught this teaser for the late night news, "Where you should live to lessen your chance of dying". Seriously? Really? Who honestly thinks they can lessen their chance of dying? Face it, like Nathan's new t-shirt says, "You're gonna die." We can't get out of it. It is a forgone conclusion to this life. Every one of us has a 100% chance of dying and that is all there is to it.

It made me wonder, though. Are we so afraid of dying now that instead of just not talking about it we are going to act like we can avoid it? Tonights news teaser is a new test that can tell us if we are going to live to be 100. Man, there is not much I would like less than having to hang around here that long. This is not my home and I am getting tired of the visit. Don't get me wrong. I love my husband, kids, friends,church, activities, the beach, Disney World, and a bunch of other things, but I am not going to miss any of it when I get home. I can't wait to spend my time glorifying the One who is worthy. It is going to be so awesome. I hope that you will join me there, even if I have to wait until you are 100.

By the way, just in case you are interested, you really can't lessen your chance of dying, but men have a long life expectancy in Iceland and women in Greece. Maybe keeping them separated has something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment